NSC Work Zone Technician Training
NSC, the leader in roadway safety training, has trained over 80 million drivers in defensive driving courses. NSC also has built the best work zone technician temporary traffic control training on the market. This introductory course provides technical training designed from the Manual for Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD). Participants will learn to install, modify, maintain and remove temporary traffic control (TTC) work zones. This course is designed to be engaging and experiential, with hands-on activities that represent real-life scenarios in a TTC work zone.
Who Would Benefit From The Program?
Anyone working in a temporary traffic control work zone or seeking to gain an understanding of how to safely work in a TTC work zone
● Agencies, municipalities or companies that have employees in roadway environments or TTC zones
● Public and private utility company employees responsible for installation, maintenance and replacement of public utilities along roadways
● Employees of local public agencies, state DOTs and federal DOT whose responsibilities include design, maintenance or supervision of contractors that develop and construct the public roadways
● Public agency employees with responsibility for roadway construction and maintenance
● Owners and operators of private roads open to public travel
● Fire, police, emergency management, hazmat, towing and recovery, and emergency medical personnel and others who clear accidents and incidents from public roadways
● Contractors who design, build, maintain or temporarily repair roads and bridges
This course was developed by the newly formed NSC Work Zone Advisory Committee, made up of work zone safety experts with decades of experience in government, private sector and engineering. NSC has multiple world-class safety training programs and an extensive membership program to help companies promote a safety-first culture.
8:30 am-4:30 pm
NSC Member Price: $170